To be honest at first I dreaded the idea of working in a team - so many things can go wrong, and so many things had gone wrong in past group projects. And while we did have minor hiccups (time management, stress, pressure and whatnot), I can definitely say that we could not have done it without any one of us, and I am super proud of my team. Georgia did the website and app, Devanga took care of the dossier and flyers, while I did the illustrations and presentation slides. But the roles weren't firmly decided, we filled in the gaps and took care of each other when needed. We listened to each other, we built on each other's ideas, we complimented one another. We rock! And I honestly think our project rocks!
As of Exchange sessions, I don't think they help much, if at all. It was cool meeting with people from other disciplines and get to know what they're doing with "well-being" as the common theme, and it was cool presenting our projects to them, but they give just as much advice and feedback as any VCD student. The only good thing that came out of these sessions to me were getting new friends.
The professors were super helpful for this course. Gray and Lee gave great feedback and suggestions that really took our project to the next level!
The second half of the course was much more enjoyable than the first half (where we had to write a dossier for ourselves), mainly because we actually get to make things. I do think it was necessary for us to get through the first half though, as otherwise we would not have had a clear idea on the dossier before making things.
The only thing that I struggle a lot with in this course was the reflective diary. I couldn't find time to update it and/or to write it, or I forgot what happened during the week. I tried to use my works as landmarks to remind myself of what happened, but it was hard what's with Enterprise and my job everything got jumbled together in my mind. I will need to sort this out better for fourth year.
Overall, I really enjoy the course, and it was a nice project to end my third year on. Onwards to fourth year!
No comments:
Post a Comment